Fundraising Despite the Lockdown
Letitia Mason raised £2200 for ATD Fourth World in just two weeks. Accompanied by her dog Buddy, she dedicated her daily quota of an hour’s exercise during the lockdown to a 34-mile trek. This distance represents walking from Frimhurst Family House in Surrey to Addington Square in Southwark.
They were sponsored by 47 donors who were able to read daily updates posted on JustGiving.
ATD Fourth World continues to be together with people whose lives are the toughest. We invite you to join Letitia and Buddy in the spirit of giving as an emergency response to Covid-19.
Because the economic effects of this crisis will be profound and long-lasting, please consider regular giving by standing order as a way of recognising how people in our ATD Fourth World community continue to support one another.
Please click here to donate.
Here are a few ways your gift makes an impact:
- £10 enables us to top up someone’s data allowance so that they can participate in an online activity.
- £50 contributes to the costs of frequent telephone calls to check in with as many people as possible. These calls are a source of strength through the uncertainties, a chance for people to speak about the challenges they are coping with.
- £150 mails ten packages of art materials to children taking part in our Tapori “Children Celebrate Together” campaign.
- £300 supports the technical and staffing costs to set up and run a group conference call to provide mutual support, build collective knowledge, and develop programmes and priorities.
- £500 helps keep our lights on and our staff and houses cared for as we all keep going.